Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Shoe Appeal Wednesday Retraction!

Holy Holy Holy Smokes! Not long ago I wrote a shoe appeal Wednesday blog featuring these shoes.

25355_1390877861428_1516579350_983216_1913794_n

While searching online for another totally gorg pair of shoes I stumbled up the designer and consequently the cost of these amazing shoes.

I found them Bergdorf Goodman. The shoe is designed by Valentino and GULP… cost $4,700.

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod54680090&parentId=cat207102&masterId=cat203509&index=7&cmCat=cat000000cat200648cat203509cat207102

Now, I was absolutely shocked when I saw the price tag but after the chin came up from the ground I just had to laugh.  Here’s why…

When I first married my amazing husband he told me to start looking at cars on the road to see if I could pick out one that I liked. Now if you knew me at all you would know I know absolutely NOTHING about cars… I might remember the color…. Might! I have no clue which symbol goes with what brand or better yet what that symbols mean when it comes to cost efficiency or value.

So one day I come home and I tell him I found the car I love. I began to describe the features of the vehicle… much like you would a gorgeous being… the hips were curvy, the eyes were thin… etc. When all of the sudden my wonderful husband asks me, “By any chance was there a tiger sticking out of the front.” I responded quickly… “Yeah, I think so.”

His reply I will never forget… “Kellie, that was a Jaguar. Of all the cars in the world you picked a JAG? Nice!”

I had picked this:

Since then… every time I see this car I point it out… not knowing that I’m pointing out the same car over and over again. Somehow I have been blessed with extremely expensive taste.

You can send me into a boutique asking me only to choose my favorite item and I can guarantee you I will choose the most expensive item in the store.

With that said…. I do not recommend you purchase these amazing Valentino shoes. Well unless you plan on wearing every one of the 5 inches of heel everyday for the rest of your life!!!!

Having a wedding and indulging some is amazing! However, this is one indulgence I wouldn’t say is necessary.

So I’ll keep dreaming of my jag and if you’ve fallen in love with these shoes… You keep dreaming but please… if $4.700 isn’t pocket change to you… hold out for another shoe appeal Wednesday where we’ll feature something a little more budget friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment