Monday, November 22, 2010

We’re featured on Preston Bailey Entertaining!!

Kellie’s Thanksgiving Table

November 22, 2010

Who: Kellie Daab
Where: Her House in Springsboro, Ohio
How many guests: 12 (set for 22)
What time of year: Thanksgiving 2009
Reason: Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends

alt

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. In addition to stuffing myself with a lot of my favorite food (hello mashed potatoes!), I really enjoy getting to spend time with my family.

Of course, sitting at a beautifully festive table is pretty fabulous too. When Kellie Daab sent us pictures of her Thanksgiving, we knew we wanted to share it with all of you. Check out her festive table setting…

alt

Kellie says:

It was my first time hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my new house so I wanted it to be special. The first dilemma was finding enough place settings for everyone. I actually found a great deal at the grocery store on interchangeable plates for 25 cents each and worked from there.

I found a table cover that worked perfectly and I created the centerpieces and other little details myself. I used pumpkins, leaves, and seed pods to incorporate the natural elements of the season on to my table.

alt

It is a wonder what the simplest of things can add to your table!

The meal was a traditional Thanksgiving meal, complete with turkey and mashed potatoes.

Each member of my family always comes to bring their favorite dish and if there are new guests I try to make sure to include their favorites as well.

Before dinner we all gather around the table and share something we are thankful for and afterwards we feast.

After all the plates are wiped clean, the women search through the Black Friday ads and prepare for the next day of extreme shopping.

Typically, we exchange Black Friday gifts as well.

For example, one year I did survival kits for getting through the next day’s crowded malls.

It may sound cheesy but it’s fun and we get really into it.

alt

For those throwing their first Thanksgiving dinners, I would advise that:

  • First, make sure you have enough of everything to do up the holiday right. During this season there are a surprising amount of sales so you never know what kind of deals you will find.
  • Second, it’s great to have extra warmers. I know that we ran out of places to keep all our dishes warm last year and renting or even buying warmers would have saved me a lot of stress.
  • My last tip would be to prepare in advance. I set my entire table the night before and then use a pop-up table the next day for breakfast and preparation.

alt

Remember, don’t try to do it all. Ask for others to bring dishes or decorative pieces. It’s a day to be thankful, not to be stressed so just enjoy!

 

THANK YOU THANK YOU all of you at Preston Bailey! We are so blessed and thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment