Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sharing is Caring! Wedding Planner, Dayton, Ohio

I remember one of the very first weddings I assisted with another local wedding planner.

The tables were filled with tons of beautiful produce, greens, and flowers. It was stunning to say the least.

The night ended and the florist returned to take down the glass and clear off the tables. He came around the corner with a gigantic trash bag and just started tossing it all in the TRASH! I remember being totally shocked! All of that beauty and cash in the trash. That might we hauled out 4 large bags of centerpiece parts etc… all to the dumpster.

I have to admit, since then I have occasionally been known to trash a centerpiece or two. With the c0uples approval we tend to set them out on a table for guest to grab on their way out. Sometimes this works… sometimes we have to preserve the vessel so we can’t do this.

I ran across this website today and it made me so excited! Check this out! Reduce, reuse, recycle… even your wedding flowers.

ReBloom is a Cincinnati based charity organization that takes floral arrangements left over from lifetime celebrations and re-designs and distributes them to patients in local hospitals.

Here’s the info right from their site.

Repurpose

ReBloom is a new volunteer organization that creates repurposed floral arrangements from donated flowers in the Cincinnati Ohio area

Revitalize

Rather than your flowers being disposed after the event, let them revitalize someone's day. Deliveries of these free arrangements to patients in local hospitals and charities send a message of care and compassion

Recycle

ReBloom provides an eco-friendly way to share the joy and beauty of your flowers

Donations are tax deductible; consult your tax advisor

 

Look at what the patients are saying. Just such a simple way to touch someone’s heart.

I wanted to send you a great big Thank YOU! I was the recipient of one of your repurposed flowers yesterday! I was in the hospital to receive a chemo treatment and in comes one of the nurses with a vase of flowers! I really can not tell you how much it lifted my spirits. They were just so unexpected since I'm only in the hospital for 2 days each time. Most of my friends and family lose track of my treatments and hospital visits. What made me even happier was that I am all about recyling and repurposing! I Love the entire concept! I plan to spread the word to everyone I know. Keep up the good work ... I really appreciate what you are doing! Thanks again.

I am so excited about this great new organization. I’ll definitely be talking with my brides about donating their flowers to this wonderful organization!

Au Revoir for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment