Saturday, April 9, 2011

Prime Time Tabletop Competition- Dayton, Ohio Wedding Planner

I recently had the opportunity to participate in Prime Time Party Rentals tabletop competition. Honestly this is like putting a little kid in a candy store and saying… yeah sure… eat or take whatever you want!!  The idea is to use any of the inventory in Prime Time to create a fantastic table. 

So here is where I started. A long time ago I ran across this photo of this couture gown and fell in love. Isn’t it gorgeous!

44257d0fd39c2

I knew I wanted to base the concept of the table on this gown.

The original plan was to use a black satin floor length linen. With a cream overlay. There were many options available until I found the beautiful rosette table runners.

2-24-11 009

I solicited the help of the amazing Kristen Little of Five Dot Designs.  Poor girl I put her through the ringer asking for something unique and hand cut. I might add… she did a fabulous job with these gorgeous fleur de lis place card holders, custom hand cut table number, and beautiful hand cut menu cards.

 2-21-11 2642-21-11 269

In order to add some uniqueness to the design I chose to use 2 4 ft. tables pushed side by side to create seating for 6. This allowed me the space to add decorum via glasses and tableware.

2-21-11 270 

A gold charger acted as the base with a glass charger of swirls set atop. Using gold rim cream colored plates I wrapped the salad plate with a black satin napkin tying them through a frame decorum.

4 crystal glasses were used to add fullness and glitz to the table while the rosette table runners were pleated and used as chair covers for gold chivari chairs.

In order to bring the final touches to the table I asked Jim Rauch of Unique Designs to help bring my vision to life. We came together and voila! Beauty!

2-24-11 0182-24-11 008

Kellie Edit2

Kellie Edit1

I feel we’ve done the dress justice by creating this beautifully couture table. Thank you to the talented vendors who helped bring this table to life!

Au Revoir!

1 comment: