Monday, April 25, 2011

A Scrapbook of Shoes! Dayton Ohio Wedding Planner

I promised this post last week and I’m just now getting around to it. The other day I had the “pleasure” of cleaning out everything on my closet floor for the carpet cleaners. I just kept pulling and pulling shoes out from the ginormous pile. Every time I’d pull a new shoe out I would look at it. Immediately some special event I’d worn those shoes to or some group I was involved in would come to mind.

For example, in high school I was a total Gleek. I was involved in a show choir called Octet. I wore silly costumes, danced like a fool, fell in love with the wrong boy, and wore the same shoes every time.

037

It’s a horrible pic but there I am in the front row. When I saw these shoes in particular I realized… these shoes are like a little scrapbook of the places I’ve been in my life.

All of the shoes in my closet were bought for a reason, had some purpose, and were usually worn for a specific event. I remember why I bought them, I remember what they were worn to, and I remember the emotions around their purpose.

I have a closet full of old shoes doesn’t sound nearly as exciting as I have a closet full of memories! Do you have a memorable pair of shoes?

SO… how does this relate to weddings?

1 (25)

The thing is… every time you look at the shoes you wore on your wedding day they are going to bring back memories of something. Make those memories good ones! Choose shoes that you love and are comfortable. Be sure to break them in before you wear them on the wedding day. Also, be sure you’re going to be able to wear them again.

When you pull those shoes out of your closet to go with a super chic outfit,  you’ll be wearing a little piece of your life’s history. Make it count!

Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment